What should I include in my review?
Below are some things to keep in mind when writing a review:
- Be accurate and detailed. Reviews of a property must focus on the traveler’s experience renting the property. Reviews will typically focus on the stay but may also address other factors relating to the rental process such as inquiries or bookings.
- Protect the privacy of yourself and others. Don’t share last names, home addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses of the owner or property manager. We recommend you keep your own information private as well. If the review has private information it will be rejected.
- Don’t disclose the rates charged. All members have the ability to change or negotiate the rate accepted for a property. If the review has rates listed it will be rejected.
- Don’t post anything that isn’t yours. Users who post content must have all legal rights to post the content.
- Be respectful. Don’t make discriminatory, inflammatory, offensive, or insulting comments to others. Don’t post a review or response for the purpose of blackmailing or extorting owners or travelers for money or other consideration. The reviews are for the benefit of future travelers, not to allow one party to threaten the other.
- Owners and property managers may not review their own properties.
- The traveler has to have stayed at the property and be able to provide satisfactory evidence of the stay. See full guidelines for details.
- A review must be submitted within one year of the date of stay. Once a review is submitted, the other party has 14 days to submit their own review.