How do I cancel a reservation and receive a refund?
If you’d like to cancel a confirmed reservation, you may do so by following the steps listed below.
- Log into your traveler account online or via the mobile app
- Click My Trips
- Select the reservation that needs to be canceled
- In the Manage your booking section, view the Cancellation policy
- Click Request Cancellation and select the most applicable cancellation reason
After you have submitted your request to cancel, the owner or property manager must accept your cancellation request and initiate any potential refund. Refunds are issued in accordance with the terms and conditions of the property’s cancellation policy.
- If you cancel a reservation with a cancellation policy that allows for a full refund, the full rental amount should be refunded by the owner or property manager and any service fee paid will be refunded by HomeAway.
- If you cancel a reservation with a cancellation policy that allows for a partial refund only, the partial rental amount will be refunded by the owner or property manager, however, any fees associated with your reservation will not be refunded.
If you are canceling a trip for which you have purchased Property Damage Protection, please contact CSA Travel Protection directly regarding a refund of this plan. Cancellation Protection can also be purchased at the time of booking to help safeguard your non-refundable trip costs in the event you should need to cancel your trip.