Subscription Levels determine the level at which a listing is ranked in search results for a geographical area. Within a Subscription Level, vacation rental owners and managers can influence a listing's position in relation to other listings. For example, within the Silver Level, an owner could improve their listing's search results position in relation to other Silver Level listings. To influence the position, the best place for owners and managers to start is editing the listing components that support the needs of travelers.
Influencing listing position within a Subscription Level
1. Upload 24 high-quality photos.
2. Provide rental rates. Quotable rates make it easy for travelers to search by price, reduce the manual work of providing quotes, and give you a bigger boost in search results compared to traditional rates.
3. Permit travelers to zoom on your map as close as possible.
4. Accept traveler payments via credit cards or eChecks through HomeAway Payments. Rank even higher by accepting paid reservation requests with a Book it now button on your listing.
5. Update your calendar as soon as you book a reservation.
6. Establish tenure.
7. Solicit reviews from past guests.
While owners and managers can impact where a listing's position in search results within a subscription level, the search results are dynamic and updated regularly. Owners may notice ongoing fluctuations in their listing position. Because some travelers restrict their searches to show only properties available during their dates of travel or with preferred amenities, search results may also vary from traveler to traveler.
For details on impacting your position in search results, visit the Listing Quality tab of your Toolkit.