To a traveler, photos are one of the most important details of a vacation rental listing. To ensure that photos are trustworthy and meet high the high standards of travelers, we provide the following guidance.
Photo format and dimensions
* JPEG files only
* Horizontal photos (landscape style) display the best and are recommended.
* Panorama photos and vertical photos (portrait style) are accepted but not recommended as these dimensions do not take full advantage of the space provided.
* Maximum recommended size: 1024x768 pixels. Our site will accept photos as small as 400x300 pixels.
* Maximum size: 2 MB. Note: The larger the size of the photo, the longer it can take to upload.
* To determine the size of a photo, right click on photo, then go to Properties, Detail and Dimensions.
Reasons photos are rejected
For security and quality purposes, we reject photos that:
* are copyrighted
* display a URL (a web address such as www._____.com)
* are watermarked
* contain a logo
* are copied from another listing
* contain contact information like an email address, physical address or phone number
* are something other than a photo, such as a document, certificate, illustration, poster, company logo, or excessive text
* contains inappropriate content (details are here)
* are a collage of multiple images
* are not related to your property or area
* are blank
If your listing displays on HomeAway.com in the Gold and Platinum Subscription Levels, the below information applies to you.
HomeAway showcases the Gold and Platinum listings' thumbnail photos on the homepage of HomeAway.com. This feature is called the Homepage Showcase.
Homepage Showcase photo requirements:
* The aspect ratio--the ratio of the width to height of the photo--must be 4:3. For example, the image size could be 1024x768, 800x600 or 400 x 300 pixels (the minimum acceptable size.)
* The photo orientation must be horizontal.
* The photo may not be a panoramic photo.
* The photo may not contain watermarks, borders, arrows, or text (including date stamps).
* The photo may not contain people or animals.
* The photo follows general Photo Requirements and HomeAway Content Guidelines here.