What is Damage protection?
* Damage Protection (also known as Property Damage Protection or PDP) is an insurance product that allows travelers to protect themselves from additional expenses should damage occur to a rental property during their stay.
* Travelers are protected up to the coverage amount indicated (up to $5000) against accidental damage to the rental home including: broken lamps, windows and glass, electronics, damaged doors, walls and furniture, stained bedding or linens, lost keys and re-keying costs.
Why should I purchase Damage Protection?
* While no one expects to damage a rental property, accidents do happen. Damage Protection allows travelers to protect themselves from additional expense should damage occur during their stay and enjoy a worry-free vacation.
* Damage Protection is recommended for those traveling with children, pets, or in groups. It is also recommend for those who are spending a significant amount on a luxury rental, and extended stays.
What does Damage Protection cover?
* The Damage Protection plan offers Vacation Rental Damage coverage to cover unintentional damage to the vacation home while a traveler is occupying it. Click here to review the Description of Coverage.
Does Damage Protection cover damage caused by pets?
* Pet damage can be covered if having pets in the property is not considered a breach to the rental agreement.
Is theft covered by Damage protection?
* There is coverage under the plan for theft caused by any person other than the traveler, if substantiated by a police report. As the Damage Protection does not cover intentional acts, coverage would not be afforded if the traveler intentionally takes something from the vacation rental property.
If a vacation rental owner or property manager has charged a security deposit, should a traveler still purchase Damage Protection?
* If a traveler has paid a security deposit to book a vacation rental, Damage Protection may be a wise choice if they are concerned about accidental damage occurring during their stay.
* By paying a small fee for Damage Protection travelers can safeguard their security deposit refund. Should damage occur during their stay, travelers go through an easy claims process to receive their security deposit refund.
What happens if there is damage to the vacation rental property?
* When a traveler is notified of the damage by the owner or they realize they have caused unintentional damage to the property, the traveler will need to file a claim with CSA Travel Protection.
How does the claims process work?
* Filing a claim on Damage Protection plan is easy. Travelers simply fill out a claim form, provide the required documentation and submit to the CSA claims department.
* Review all the details on the claims process page. Or call (888) 501-3025 or email the claims department at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
What if a traveler cancels their reservation?
* If a traveler has paid for the Damage Protection, after cancelling their reservation they need to call CSA at (888) 501-3025 to cancel their Damage Protection plan. As long as a traveler calls prior to the date they are scheduled to arrive at the rental property, a refund for the plan cost will be issued.
What is the difference between Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee and Damage Protection?
* Cancellation Protection provides protection before a trip. Vacation rental payments typically become non-refundable 30 to 90 days in advance of the arrival date. Cancellation Protection protects up to $50,000 of a traveler’s insured, non-refundable payments and covers common cancellation reasons, including sickness or injury, mandatory evacuations, and flight delays or cancellations.
* The Carefree Rental Guarantee from HomeAway offers protection on arrival. Travelers can enjoy peace of mind by protecting their rental payments up to $10,000 if the property is significantly not as described in the listing, the home has been foreclosed, is in bankruptcy, or has been double-booked, and they are unable to gain access, their security deposit is wrongfully withheld, or the owner or manager is a victim of online identify theft (phishing).
* Damage Protection offers protection during a traveler’s stay. While no one expects to damage a rental property, accidents do happen. Travelers can protect themselves from additional expense with affordable Damage Protection, and enjoy a worry-free stay. Damage Protection covers up to $5,000 of accidental damage to the rental home including broken lamps, windows and glass, electronics, damaged doors, walls and furniture, stained bedding or linens, lost keys and re-keying costs.
Why should a traveler purchase all three protection products?
* Purchasing all three Vacation Protection products provide traveler’s with ultimate peace of mind should their vacation be complicated by the unexpected. All three protection products are especially recommended for travelers who are new to vacation rentals. Total Vacation Protection protects their investment and ensures a worry-free vacation.
Who is CSA Travel Protection?
* CSA Travel Protection is dedicated to providing value-driven travel insurance and emergency assistance services to protect traveler’s investments and provide the peace of mind they deserve while traveling.
* Since its inception in 1991, CSA has solidified its reputation for standing behind its customers and introducing products and services to meet their needs. Find out more at www.csatravelprotection.com.