To place a bid on the Featured Property or the Property of the Week, follow the instructions below:
1. Log into your account.
2. Next to the listing for which you would like to bid, click the blue "bid for the top spot" button.
3. Pick whether you would like to bid on Property of the Week or Featured Property, then click the orange "place a bid now" button next to your choice. (You can bid on both, but you will need to place these bids separately.
4. View the initial required bid and minimum increment, then enter your bid. Do not enter a dollar sign with your bid amount. You can enter the maximum amount you would be willing to pay, and VacationRentals.com will automatically bid for you in the standard increments until you are outbid.
5. If you would like to be emailed when/if you are outbid, check the box next to "Email me when someone outbids me." Emails will be delivered to the address saved in Contact Preferences on your VacationRentals.com account.
6. Click the orange "preview bid" button. You can then review your bid and see how your premium placement will appear if you placed the winning bid. If you'd like to edit your bid, click the "Close X" button on the top right of the screen or click "edit bid" at the bottom of the screen. Otherwise, check the box to agree to the Terms & Conditions and click the orange "place bid now" button.
7. Once you have bid, don't forget to check your email/dashboard to keep up with your bidding status. Your bidding status will be visible next to "property of the week" or "featured property #1."
If you have the winning bid at the end of the auction, the credit card on file with your active VacationRentals.com listing will be charged. Credit cards are the only payment method accepted for these bids.