If you are concerned that you have not been receiving enough inquiries, please know that variables like the economy, the weather, and the location of your rental come into play. The good news is that now is a great time to be listing your rental on VacationRentals.com, as it is growing fast and we plan to introduce new features and improvements to the site and send owners and property managers increased traffic over the coming months.
Here are some tips for attracting travelers:
1. Keep your availability calendar up to date. Travelers prefer to know if the rental is available before inquiring.
2. Use all 16 photo slots. It is also important that your photos are of a high quality and really show off your rental.
3. Your text should be fresh and well-written. It's also a good idea to include keywords that will potentially help search engines like Google highlight your listing individually.
4. Compare your listing to other listings in your area to determine how competitive your rates and amenities are.
5. Add a Deal to your listing-- they are free to run. Whether it's a discount on a stay or a freebie, such as a bottle of wine, Deals allow your rental to stand out and appear more unique on the search results page.
6. With your paid listing, you can now capture the top spot in search results. Choose from a Featured Property or Property of the Week space. The Property of the Week position showcases your listing at the very top of the search results page. The Featured Property spot puts your listing first in the search results. The listing with the winning bid in each spot for each area will be exclusively showcased in that spot for an entire week.
7. Learn how to create a business page on Facebook. Use your business page as an additional marketing channel that supports your VacationRentals.com listing. To learn more, click here.