How do I pay securely for a vacation rental?Once you have selected the property you would like to rent:
- Click Book it Now in the top right of the listing.
- Complete the fields below
- Read the rental policies and terms
- Click the check box to verify that you have read and will comply with the policies and terms
- Click Book Now
Avoid the following practices
- Paying in cash
- Sending a check made out to cash
- Using an instant money transfer such as Western Union or Money Gram.
These payment methods are preferred by criminals, and using them voids any guarantees from us, including the Carefree Rental Guarantee.
Protect your payment
- The Carefree Rental Guarantee can protect payments up to $10,000.
- Cancellation Protection can safeguard your non-refundable payments in the event that you have to cancel your trip.
Visit our Security Center for more best practices, and information about HomeAway payments.
- How can I determine whether a vacation rental owner or property manager is legitimate?
- What is HomeAway Payments?
- How can I securely communicate with an owner?