How do I pay securely for a vacation rental?
Give the vacation rental owner or property manager a call
When you are ready to book a property, call the telephone number posted on the listing and speak directly with the owner or manager prior to submitting payment.
Speaking directly with the owner or manager provides you with an opportunity to find out more about the vacation rental property, the surrounding area and to confirm payment information.
Sign a rental agreement
Review and sign a rental agreement prior to making a payment.
Each vacation rental property typically has its own cancellation policies and house rules. Carefully review this information and reach out to the owner or manager if you have any questions or concerns.
Use one of the following payment methods
- HomeAway Payments
- Credit Card
- Personal check
- Direct bank to bank transfer
Avoid the following practices
- Paying in cash
- Sending a check made out to cash
- Using an instant money transfer such as Western Union or Money Gram.
These payment methods are preferred by criminals, and using them voids any guarantees from us, including the Carefree Rental Guarantee.
Protect your payment
- The Carefree Rental Guarantee can protect payments up to $10,000.
- Cancellation Protection can safeguard your non-refundable payments in the event that you have to cancel your trip.
Visit our Security Center for more best practices, and information about HomeAway payments.
- How can I determine whether a vacation rental owner or property manager is legitimate?
- What is HomeAway Payments?
- How can I securely communicate with an owner?