How do I pay securely for a vacation rental?Paying online with credit card or eCheck through HomeAway Payments is the most secure way to book a vacation rental on our sites. Your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. Properties that use and accept HomeAway Payments can be identified with a blue shield pictured below:
If the property you want to book has the Request to book or Book Now button, you can book directly by clicking the button and you will be guided through the reservation and online payment process.
We recommend that you call the telephone number published on the property listing if you are paying by credit card, check, PayPal or bank to bank wire transfer. If the listing does not have a phone number, please contact customer support for assistance.
When you are ready to book, review and sign a rental agreement and remember to read it carefully — each rental typically has their own cancellation policies and house rules.
Avoid the following practices
- Sending cash is not recommended, but paying in cash in person to owner or manager upon arrival is okay.
- Sending a check made out to cash.
- Using an instant money transfer such as Western Union or Money Gram.
- The Carefree Rental Guarantee can protect payments up to $10,000.
- Cancellation Protection can safeguard your non-refundable payments in the event that you have to cancel your trip.
- How can I determine whether a vacation rental owner or property manager is legitimate?
- How do I pay for a reservation?
- What is HomeAway Payments?
- How can I securely communicate with an owner?